Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are some frequently asked questions. If you do not find the answer, you can use the contact form to get in touch with us at any time.
What are the system requirements for the optimal use and display of the BIRKENSTOCK MY online shop?
If you would like to visit our BIRKENSTOCK MY online shop, in addition to an internet connection all you need is a browser that is as up to date as possible. If our online shop cannot be displayed fully on your computer or if you cannot use all of its functions, you probably have an outdated browser. Please see if you need to update your browser. Doing so is generally free. You will be able to navigate our online shop especially fast if you allow your computer to save cookies.
Is shopping in the online shop secure?
Yes. We are very aware of our responsibility when storing and collecting customer data. We use an SSL encryption system, which ensures a high level of security, for the entire ordering process. You can recognize an active SSL connection by looking for “HTTPS” instead of “HTTP” as the beginning of URL in the address bar in your browser. Additional security is provided for your data when you pay by credit card through the use of a verified security code by American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
How do I submit an order as a new customer?
- First, decide which items you would like to order. Select the desired color, size and width of the item. Then, use the “Add to shopping cart” button to add the selected items to your virtual shopping cart. You can add items to the shopping cart that you would like to order or remember.
- You can view your selections at any time in the “shopping cart” and make changes to the selected items there.
- Once you’ve made your selection, use the “Proceed to checkout” button to start the order process.
- You can register before you choose a payment method by clicking on the “Next” button. You can complete your order without registering by clicking on the “Do not create customer account” button first.
- In both cases, you then enter your personal information. If you have chosen to register, you will also enter the password you selected. If you would like to enter a different shipping address, please click on the “Different shipping address” button in the lower portion of the address field. Finish entering your information by clicking on the “Complete registration” button.
- Before your order is completed, we will display your information again so you can review it. This will allow you to correct any entry errors before you submit the order.
- Confirm your purchase by clicking on the “Submit order” button. By clicking on this button you are submitting a binding offer to conclude a purchase agreement with us.
What happens after my order is completed?
After your order is completed we will send you an order confirmation by email. This will include all of your order details. If you have registered as a customer, you can see the status of your order at any time under “My account”. When we send your items we will send you another email to confirm the shipment. We will include your invoice in the package with your order.
How can I cancel my purchase?
If you have not yet submitted the order, you can remove items from your shopping cart at any time. An overview of the items in your shopping cart will appear if you click on the 'Shopping cart' button. You can change the number of items ordered by clicking on the “Quantity” button. If you would like to remove an item completely from the shopping cart, click on the trash barrel icon to the right.
If you have already submitted your order, we can cancel it for you if it has not already been shipped. To do so, immediately call our customer service department at 03-8993 9878.
Can I cancel the order after I have received the order confirmation?
You can assert your statutory right of withdrawal for 7 days after you receive the item. Please refer to Conditions of Return.
Can I exchange items from my order?
We do not offer exchanges.
Can I submit an order by phone, email, letter or fax?
Unfortunately, we cannot accept orders by phone, email, letter or fax.
How can I redeem a voucher/discount code?
If you have a voucher or discount code, you can redeem it in your shopping cart. Enter the code in the 'Voucher number' field below the item list. The appropriate amount will be deducted from your purchase total after you enter the voucher code. You can, of course, remove the voucher/discount code before you submit your order if you would prefer to use it for a different purchase.
How do I know that my order has been submitted?
After your order is completed we will send you an order confirmation by email. This email will contain all of the details for your order as well as the invoice and delivery address, subtotals, discounts, shipping costs, invoice total and information about the selected payment and shipping method.
Where is my order now?
As a registered user you can see the current status of your order in the 'My account' area.
What countries do you deliver to?
Our online shop at birkenstock.com.my only delivers to addresses within Malaysia and only to customers with a Malaysian invoicing address. It is not currently possible to send deliveries to other countries.
What happens if the product is defective?
Birkenstock Germany conduct intensive quality control checks. However, if you should receive an item that is confirmed not to be in perfect condition, you can, of course, return it to us at no charge. Please refer to Conditions of Return.
Do I receive confirmation of receipt when the returned product arrives?
After we have received and booked the returned product we will send you confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that, depending on the payment method, the refund can take several days.
How long does it normally take for the refund?
In our experience, the refund takes up to five business days (for a refund to an account) or up to ten business days (for a refund to your credit card) after the return has been booked. Please note that the credit will appear on your next credit card statement, even though the credit has already been applied. We have no influence over the date of your credit card statement.
How can I get in touch with you directly?
You can access our Contact Us contact form on the shop website by clicking on 'Service and help' in the upper right-hand corner. You can either use this form or contact us using the email address, fax number or phone number listed there.
I received a defective product. How can I submit a complaint?
All criticism is an opportunity for us to improve. Our customer service department will forward your complaint to the relevant department. You can reach us by email or by phone at 03-8964 9878, Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to6 p.m. You can also use our contact form, which is located under “Service and help” on our website, or you can write to us directly using the email address listed there.
No other part of our body is subject to so much strain as our feet. They maintain our body's balance, absorb impacts and bear our entire body weight, so it's important to support the feet as well as possible. The secret of the special Birkenstock comfort is our unique fit, which means that it's essential your Birkenstock footwear fits you correctly.
Find You Correct Birkenstock Size
Everyone's feet are different
This is why we offer our deep footbed in two different widths: a normal width for normal feet and a narrow width for especially slender feel. In order to create a perfect fit, the upper sections are aligned with the width of the respective deep footbed. Combined with adjustability provided by the straps, this creates a “tailored shoe” that fits your foot perfectly.
There should always be enough room in the feel and the area. When your heel is correctly positioned in the footbed, there must be a few millimetres of space at the front. The feel need this free space for the natural movement of the foot when walking. Your toes need a certain amount of space to be able to move freely with each step you take. Your toes must under no circumstances tough the edge of the footbed and your heel must not stand on the footbed. If you make sure you have the correct width and length when buying you will increase the life of your sandals.
- Footbed edge: Deliberately elevated to protect the toes.
- Toe bar: Guides the toes, promoting the natural rolling movement of the foot.
- Cross arch support: Helps shift pressure from the middle to the front of the foot.
- Suede leather lining: Creates a healthy climate around the foot
- Inner and outer longitudinal arch supports: Gives the foot support and provide stability for the heel
- Deep heel cup: Gives the foot a firm hold and maintains the heel profile.
- Cork latex footbed: Extremely flexible, providing a uniquely high level of wearing comfort
No other part of the body is subject to so much strain during the course of a lifetime as our feet. They maintain the body’s balance, absorb impacts and bear the entire weight of the body.
Therefore, it is essential to support the feet as well as possible with Birkenstock. This is because the Birkenstock footbed is available in two widths. It has been designed to mirror the shape of a healthy foot. It supports you right where you need a firm hold but still gives you enough room to move freely. This enables you to comfortable walk or stand on Birkenstock products for hours.
Walking in high heels creates an unnatural posture: the pelvis shifts forward and the spine is curved more than usual. This can cause serious back pains and intervertebral damage.
Without a heel, the weight of the body is carried by the strong heel bone. With a heel, the weight of the body is shifted forward into an unnatural position. The bones of the mid-foot are pushed forward and we end up walking on unprotected bone, which is very painful.
The better you care the longer the enjoyment
Sandals and clogs need care. With proper care and periodic repair, Birkenstock sandals, clogs, and shoes can provide you with years of comfort. Here are some tips to keep your footwear looking good for years to come.
1. REMOVING MARKS EASILY
With the Birkenstock care brush you can care for your sandals and clogs and clean them superbly. The special cleaning head is ideally suited to removing marks from the natural leather.
2. REGULARLY CLEAN THE INSOLE COVER
So that you have a high degree of comfort when wearing our styles the insole cover is made of suede. To keep the leather soft you should treat the insole cover regularly with the nylon/brass brush.
3. REMOVING DUST AND DIRT
You can also use the care brush for your suede models. Dust and dirt can be easily removed with the fine rubber brush.
4. JUST RUB SCRATCHES OFF
With our natural leather you can remove slight scratches by gently rubbing them with the palm of your hand.
5. EASY CARE FOR BIRKO-FLOR
To clean Birko-flor models you only need a damp cloth. With this you can easily wipe the upper material.
There are dozens of knock-off companies that make replica Birkenstocks, and in some places sellers may try to pass off the replicas, telling you they are the real thing. In order to make sure you are getting authentic Birkenstocks, there are a few tips you can use to identify a fake.
Protect yourself from fake Birkenstock
- Inspect the box. Authentic Birkenstocks have a photograph of the actual shoe style on the outside of the box. You may also want to open up the box to make sure the shoe inside is the same shoe pictured on the box.
- Look for the foot-width stamp on the box and on your Birkenstock. Birkenstock marks their shoes with a special barefoot stamp to let customers know if the shoes are wide fit or narrow fit.
- Check for the Birkenstock logo on the sole of the shoe with the registered trademark symbol beside it. It will also say "Made in Germany" just below the logo. A fake shoe might misspell the name, or not include it at all, so make sure you check the spelling carefully.
- Be wary of web sites that offer our products at deep discounts, often more than 50% below our manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP). If you are offered a Birkenstock shoe at a price that seems too good to be true, should raise a red flag. The only way to be absolutely sure that the item you are buying is a genuine Birkenstock is to buy from an authorized Birkenstock dealer, either online (www.birkenstock.com.my) or at one of our retail partner.
- To protect yourself online, it’s important to be vigilant online and always be attentive to the web site you are visiting. Never give your personal information to a site you don’t trust. Carry out some research on the site before you commit to entering any information. Search for the site on Google or Wikipedia to see if other people have written about their experiences in using the site.
Mainline Marketing Sdn. Bhd. are now providing service for customize of Gift Vouchers.
Just follow the following steps, you shall received your gift voucher at your expected completion date.
In order to receive a quote, the following information are required :
- Expected due date.
- Quantity needed.
- Amount per voucher.
- Other information such as event date / theme / special image request.
- Contact information inclusive name, address, contact number and email address.
- Expected validity period of the voucher.
Email all the information to [email protected]
Terms and Conditions
- Gift vouchers are valued in Malaysian Ringgit.
- Gift vouchers are redeemable only at the following Birkenstock boutiques: in KL - Lot 10 Shopping Mall, Mid Valley Megamall, Bangsar Village 2, Empire Subang Gallery, One Mont Kiara Mall; in Johor Bahru – JB City Square; in Ipoh - Ipoh Parade Shopping Mall, & in Penang - Gurney Plaza, Sunway Carnival Mall & Queensbay Mall.
- Gift vouchers are not refundable and cannot be exchanged with vouchers of other denominations.
- Gift vouchers are valid up to the stipulated expiry date and must redeemed on or before the expiry date shown on the voucher as no extension is permissible.
- Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash and are valid within Malaysia only.
- If the value of goods redeemed is less than the voucher amount/s, there will be no refund of the difference.
- Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen vouchers are not replaceable, refundable or redeemable.
I don’t see my question in the list.
For more information, you can use the contact form to get in touch with us at any time.