Sandals and clogs need care. With proper care and periodic repair, Birkenstock sandals, clogs, and shoes can provide you with years of comfort. Here are some tips to keep your footwear looking good for years to come.
1. REMOVING MARKS EASILY
- With the Birkenstock care brush you can care for your sandals and clogs and clean them superbly. The special cleaning head is ideally suited to removing marks from the natural leather.
2. REGULARLY CLEAN THE INSOLE COVER
- So that you have a high degree of comfort when wearing our styles the insole cover is made of suede. To keep the leather soft you should treat the insole cover regularly with the nylon/brass brush.
3. REMOVING DUST AND DIRT
- You can also use the care brush for your suede models. Dust and dirt can be easily removed with the fine rubber brush.
4. JUST RUB SCRATCHES OFF
- With our natural leather you can remove slight scratches by gently rubbing them with the palm of your hand.
5. EASY CARE FOR BIRKO-FLOR
- To clean Birko-flor models you only need a damp cloth. With this you can easily wipe the upper material.
6. CARING FOR CORK
- Regularly check the cork edge of the foot-bed. If it is no longer shiny the tiny natural latex layer has been worn off and the cork can dry out. Reseal the foot-bed with Birkenstock Cork Care and you will increase the already long durability of your sandals and clogs.
7. AVOID EXTREME HEAT
- Both the cork and the soles of your Birkenstocks can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your shoes in direct sunlight, or in closed cars on warm days. Keep Birkenstock footwear away from campfires, fireplaces, and indoor radiators. If your shoes become wet, allow them to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
8. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER
- Your shoes should not be immersed in water as the leather will become hard and brittle. The glues and sealants will dissolve in water. Salt water is corrosive so you should rinse the buckles whenever they have been exposed to salt water. The buckles and rivets can be replaced.